Polk F/XiA6 Dipole Surround Loudspeaker
Ultra-High Performance Surround for the Thrill Seeker
- The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound. Keyhole slots make mounting a snap.
- With the flip of a switch, our dipole/bipole circuitry changes the soundfield from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
The F/XiA6 is at home in the best home theater systems and in very large spaces. With a 6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance® driver and two 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeters, movies and multi-channel music will fill the space with well-conceived sound effects coming from all directions. These surround speakers will literally immerse you in three-dimensional sound. Configurable as bipole or dipole for discrete and diffuse sound, they work equally well behind you or beside you. For the ultimate 7.1 home theater system, simply add a second pair.
|Dimensions - Mounting Options||Integrated keyhole slot for wall mounting|
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)||5.9 kg|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth||8 5/8" (21.91cm)|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height||14 3/4" (37.47cm)|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width||13 3/8" (33.97cm)|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||6 1/2" (16.51cm)|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance polymer composite cone and rubber surround|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1" (2.54cm)|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome tweeters|
|Electrical - Efficiency||88 dB|
|Electrical - Inputs||5-way binding posts|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||20-150 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||45Hz-27kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Shipping - Total Shipping Weight||14.06|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||Pair|
|Name||Polk F/XiA6 Dipole Surround Loudspeaker|
Timbre-Matched Dipole Surround Loudspeaker
|Price / Quote Option||Price Only|
|External Dimensions||(H x W x D mm)|