Polk LSiM705 Floor Standing Loudspeaker
Polk LSiM705 Floor Standing Loudspeaker
High End Audio for the Rest of Us
- Polk's exclusive dynamic sonic engine design optimizes the midrange driver and the ring radiator tweeter in separate interior chambers for improved transient response, superior imaging and greater horizontal off-axis response.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Newly designed Cassini oval subwoofer drivers, with more surface area than round drivers, dramatically improve low-frequency response for deep, well-blended bass.
- Our innovative overhung voice coil design augments the excursion length for subwoofer drivers, increasing their power-handling capabilities and enhancing bass response.
- Extended Linear Motion voice coil design allows lots of movement in a limited space, eliminating impedance and extending mid- and high-frequency response.
- Lightweight, rigid cast aluminum baskets are designed for precision motor alignment with unobstructed linear movement and ample venting.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Our super cell aerated polypropylene cone is the ideal balance of lightweight stiffness (for more efficient action with less distortion-causing flex) and superior damping properties.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- Exclusive, patented Orth crossovers increase lower-order power handling and smooth the impedance curve, for more efficiency and better high frequency response.
- High quality, heavy duty LSiM enclosure construction features 1.0" MDF on the sides, 3/4" MDF on the back and bottom and 1 1/4" baffles with substantial internal bracing and separate interior cabinetry for each driver. These exceptionally robust materials efficiently eliminate cabinet resonances and standing waves for less distortion and more dynamic transparency.
- Beautiful furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents and no visible screws.
- Super-thin zero-diffraction grilles lock in place magnetically, and never obscure your sound.
- PowerPort® bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
The LSiM705 fills your world with its wide, dynamic soundstage and its capability to effortlessly achieve truly staggering volume levels. The LSiM705 features the same component complement as the larger LSiM707 loudspeaker, on a slightly smaller scale. It includes a 5 1/4-inch mid-woofer of lightweight super cell aerated polypropylene for smooth blending with its dual 5x7-inch Cassini oval subwoofer radiators enhanced by Polk's patented PowerPort® bass venting. Its 1-inch ring radiator tweeter, a feature usually found only in exotic speakers, reveals pinpoint details for realistic imaging. Use the LSiM705 in midsized rooms where you want the full-on impact of the legendary Polk sound.
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)||35.38 kg|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth||14 3/8" (36.51cm)|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height||47" (119.38cm)|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width||8 5/16" (21.11cm)|
|Dimensions Enclosure Type - Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||Sealed|
|Dimensions Enclosure Type - Subwoofer Enclosure Type||Dual PowerPort bass venting|
|Dimensions Footprint - Depth||16 1/4" (41.27cm)|
|Dimensions Footprint - Width||9 1/4" (23.50cm)|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||5 1/4" (13.34cm)|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance driver with super cell aerated polypropylene cone|
|Driver Complement Midrange - Diameter||3 1/4" (8.26cm)|
|Driver Complement Midrange - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Midrange - Type||Dynamic Balance driver with super cell aerated polypropylene cone|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Diameter||5" (12.70cm)|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Type||Dynamic Balance oval drivers with super cell aerated polypropylene diaphragms|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1" (2.54cm)|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Dynamic Balance enhanced ring radiator tweeter|
|Electrical - Efficiency||88 dB|
|Electrical - Inputs||Dual gold-plated binding posts|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||42 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||20-250 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||22Hz-40kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||30 kHz|
|Electrical Crossover - Midbass/woofer
|Electrical Crossover - Midrange/midbass
|Electrical Crossover - Tweeter/midrange
|Electrical Crossover - Type||Orth crossover design|
|Shipping - Included Accessories||Binding post jumpers, Owners manual, Regisration card|
|Shipping - Total Shipping Weight||39.19 kg|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||Each|
|Name||Polk LSiM705 Floor Standing Loudspeaker|
Superior performance in a 47 inch floorstanding tower.
|Price / Quote Option||Price Only|
|External Dimensions||(H x W x D mm)|