Sound from Above, for an Incredible Sense of Presence. The Dream 3D Surround Sound Has Arrived.
Real 3D Surround Sound Reproduction Realised in a Single Unit by Digital Surround Projector Technology
Inside the unit’s front grille are 44 precisely calculated and positioned speakers. In order to create 7-channel sound beams (Front left/right, Centre, Surround left/right, Height left/right), each of the speakers is controlled by and individual delay time and is driven with its own independent amplifier circuit. These beams are projected onto the walls and ceiling, to be reflected accurately to the listening position. This creates the same sound as real wall and ceiling speakers —not a virtual sound, but real 3D surround sound reproduction. In addition, the YSP-5600 uses the Surround channel sound beam for Surround Back, and the Surround channel is phantom merged to support the equivalent of up to 7.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X reproduction.
Incorporates the First YSP to Create a Height Channel by Using Sound Beams from Specific Array Speakers
Height channel audio playback is realised by placing six array speakers at each end of the unit (a total of 12). For these array speakers, 28mm diameter units are used. In order to obtain the maximum sound beam effect, they are mounted on an angled baffle and sound beam vertical control is adapted. Sound field reproduction is just as if real speakers were mounted on the ceiling, so you get great sound without the bother of mounting speakers and stringing wires.
Height Channel Positions Can Be Precisely Adjusted to Match the Listening Position
For reproduction of the latest surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the relationship between the listening position and the height channel locations is very important for faithful reproduction of the sound space. The YSP-5600 adjusts the angle of the sound beam directed at the ceiling allowing the height channel position to be matched to the listening position either manually or automatically. Even if the listening position relative to the display changes, you’ll get the effect of the height channel for natural 3D surround sound.
Directed Sound Beams Realise Distinct Height Channel Audio
The height channels can be located as close to the listening position as the centre speakers, and their positions and sound quality have a large effect on the live performance feeling created by multi-dimensional sound. By using directed beams reflected just once off the ceiling for reproducing the height channels, the YSP-5600 obtains a sharp sound position and distinct sound, ensuring realistic reproduction of environmental sounds such as thunder. You’ll experience the thrill of 3D surround sound that “rains from heaven.”
Dialogue Lift Ensures Proper Dialogue Orientation
With many soundbars positioned below the TV, especially when the TV is a widescreen model, dialogue and vocals seem to be coming from below the people who are talking or singing. To prevent this problem, the YSP-5600 has a Dialogue Lift function (adjustable in three steps) that causes the reflecting beams from its array speakers to raise the apparent height of the dialogue to appropriate levels on the screen. You enjoy sounds and images that are perfectly aligned, just as in a movie theatre.
Compatible with the New Formats Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
The YSP-5600 supports both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the latest surround sound formats that have attracted a lot of attention in the movie industry. Dolby Atmos is supported by the unit when shipped, while DTS:X is planned to be supported with a firmware update.
Supports Yamaha’s Own CINEMA DSP 3D Mode
Yamaha’s original CINEMA DSP 3D Mode adds an expansive height direction to the sound field, creating a rich surround space. The YSP-5600 supports this feature by using special array speakers to create vertical beams. You can enjoy the feeling of a live performance with standard sound formats, and combine this effect with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X to enjoy a more natural expansion of the 3D surround sound.
MusicCast Expands Entertainment Possibilities
MusicCast employs a high performance wireless network to deliver music and audio enjoyment. It can stream digital music content from your smartphone, PC or NAS to other MusicCast devices in your home. It can also share the music from external devices such as a TV or Blu-ray player connected to the YSP-5600. Audio content from Bluetooth-connected smartphones or tablets can also be streamed to MusicCast devices in multiple rooms. All MusicCast models support Bluetooth. Not only can you enjoy streaming all content from your smartphone including content from video hosting services and music applications, but you can also distribute audio to other rooms. In addition, a wide range of sound source s are supported including MP3, WMA, AAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC and AIFF.
- Surround sound from a 44-speaker array in a total 46-speaker configuration —the most in YSP history
- Six height channel speakers on each side provide 3D surround sound reproduction equivalent to 7.1.2 channels
- The latest surround sound formats, Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X, are supported
- *DTS:X becomes possible with a firmware update
- A total of ten programmes in three categories for CINEMA DSP 3D are supported
- Dialogue Lift ensures that dialogue comes from the center of the screen
- An external subwoofer can be used with wired or wireless connection
- (the SWK-W16 Wireless Subwoofer Kit is included)
- MusicCast lets you stream any music content to other MusicCast products
- The MusicCast CONTROLLER allows you to control all MusicCast products and operate all music sources from your smart device
- Support for internet radio and various music streaming services
- AirPlay® allows music streaming from Mac, PC, iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Supports Bluetooth® output for pairing the YSP-5600 with other Bluetooth equipped products
- * Music service availability varies by region and may change or be discontinued without notice.
- Supports various codecs: MP3, WMA, MPEG4-AAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, FLAC and AIFF
- HDMI input with 4K60p Pass through and HDCP2.2
- OSD supports overlay over HDMI input and multiple languages
- (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, Japanese)
- Clear Voice makes dialogue and narrations easy to hear
- Simple external design features a mesh grille cover over the front and top
- Indicators are placed on the inside of the grille and extinguished when not needed
- Wall mounting is possible, so you can choose the best look for your interior