Pre-owned Paradigm Studio Sub 12 Subwoofer
Collection only. Doesn't include the original packaging.
Single high-excursion driver, sealed enclosure, patented built-in Ultra-Class-D™ power amplifier, USB port
These proprietary drivers were designed, engineered and manufactured by
Paradigm in North America: 12˝ (308 mm) in the SUB 12 and 15˝ (380 mm)
in the SUB 15. With unwanted resonances, standing waves and micro-distortions
non-existent, these subwoofers display incredible definition, awe-inspiring
dynamics, lightning-fast speed and gut-wrenching power.
- Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Cones with RCR™ Resonance Control Ribs: Engineered for very high power, the high-stiffness design is intrinsically low in distortion, allowing the bass cone to respond instantly to the starts and stops of even the leading edge of changing bass notes.
- Large High-Pressure Die-Cast Aluminum Chassis
- Dual-Voice-Coil Design! 3-Inch (76 mm) Aluminum Voice Coils: Wound on high-temperature Kapton® formers in an oversize configuration, the multi-layer voice coils provide exceptional linearity and motor strength.
- Advanced Multi-Layer Polyurethane-Composite Elliptical Surrounds and Dual Oversize Spiders: Optimized using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), a highly advanced tool for component design, the surrounds’ multi-layer composite matrix, with its hightech surface treatment, encourages staggering peak-to-peak excursion—with exceptional linearity and cone control.
- Large Aluminum Shorting Rings: Situated around the voice coil, the rings not only improve linearity and heat dissipation, they also help reduce voice coil inductance and distortion.
- Proprietary AVS™ Airflow Ventilation System Cooling: Large built-in ribs increase the heat dissipation surface, providing forcedair cooling during large musical transients and chassis convection cooling at all other times.
- Extruded-Aluminum Center Heatsinks: Provide internal forced-air cooling to drive heat away from the FEA-optimized pole piece, increasing power handling while reducing distortion.
- 35-lb (15.8 kg) Magnet Assemblies Boast Balanced Field Geometry: FEA-optimized to produce a powerful high-density symmetrical magnetic forcefield while minimizing inductive distortion. Transient and phase response, power handling and output linearity are all exceptional.
||Single high-excursion driver, sealed enclosure, patented built-in Ultra-Class-D™ power amplifier, USB port
||3,400 watts Dynamic Peak / 1,700 watts RMS
||Auto-On / Off, Trigger On / Off, soft clipping, electrical shorting protection, thermal protection
|LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER
||305-mm (12 in) RCR™ mineral-filled co-polymer polypropylene cone
|SENSITIVITY ROOM / ANECHOIC
||100 mV mono /
||RCA: 10k ohms; XLR: 20k ohms
||Cherry, Rosenut, Black Ash, Gloss Black
||88 lbs. (39.9 kg)
||17.4375" × 16" × 21.5" (44.3cm × 40.6cm × 54.6cm)
|LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION
||16 Hz (DIN)
|LOW PASS FILTER FREQUENCY
||Variable 35 Hz - 150 Hz; Bypass Option
|SUB / SAT PHASE ALIGNMENT
||Variable 0° - 180°
||RCA (S/E) Left and Right or Sub-Out / LFE or Balanced XLR. From Sub-Out / LFE-Out of preamp, processor or other line-level source